Gender Genes in R format
Link to file containing Gender Genes in R format.
- Download Gender Genes in R format (RData file).
- The file can be loaded into R using the load() function.
- The file contains two character vectors in Entrez Gene IDs: XiEgenes and msYgenes.
XiEgenes: genes located in the X chromosome that have been reported to escape X-inactivation
- download the genes from Supplementary Table 3. Genes analyzed in Xi hybrids
- choose the genes that escaped X inactivation in most Xi hybrids
- convert the gene symbols and gene aliases to Entrez Gene IDs
- choose the Entrez Gene IDs located in X chromosome only
msYgenes: genes belonging to the male-specific region of chromosome Y
- download the genes from Supplementary Table 1. MSY genes and gene families demonstrated or hypothesized to encode proteins
- convert the gene symbols, gene aliases and GenBank accession numbers to Entrez Gene IDs
Carrel, L. and Willard, H.F. (2005). X-inactivation profile reveals extensive variability in X-linked gene expression in females. Nature 434, 400-404.
Skaletsky, H., Kuroda-Kawaguchi, T., Minx, P.J., Cordum, H.S., Hillier, L., Brown, L.G., Repping, S., Pyntikova, T., Ali, J., Bieri, T., Chinwalla, A., Delehaunty, A., Delehaunty, K., Du, H., Fewell, G., Fulton, L., Fulton, R., Graves, T., Hou, S.F., Latrielle, P., Leonard, S., Mardis, E., Maupin, R., McPherson, J., Miner, T., Nash, W., Nguyen, C., Ozersky, P., Pepin, K., Rock, S., Rohlng, T., Scott, K., Schultz, B., Strong, C., Tin-Wollam, A., Yang, S.P., Waterston, R.H., Wilson, R.K., Rozen, S., and Page, D.C. (2003). The male-specific region of the human Y chromosome is a mosaic of discrete sequence classes. Nature 423, 825-837.
Last Modified: 25 August 2014